6/7/8 Physical Education – Mr. Matthewson
Students have a right to:
1. excel at a variety of sports and activities
2. participate in all class activities
3. enjoy physical education
4. a safe and non-abusive environment
In order to enjoy the above rights, students must accept certain responsibilities:
1. dressing down in gym clothes
2. following all class rules at all times
3. refraining from any mental, verbal, or physical abuse against classmates
4. attempting and practicing an activity before passing judgement
5. participating in all class activities from warm-up to dress down.
Students who fail to meet these responsibilities could be removed from participation.
Section 2. Rules
The rules for PE are simple:
1. Safety First – Always! No hat, bare feet, open-toe shoes, or gum. Do not do anything that will endanger you and others. Stop what you are doing when the appropriate signal is given.
2. Respect others around you! If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say it at all. Follow the instructions the teacher gives you.
3. Work hard, have fun. -- Teacher rewards students with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and daily preparedness.
Section 3. Dress
Students should dress appropriately: shorts or sweats, T-shirt, socks, and non-scuffing tennis shoes.
Section 4. Grading
Weekly participation grade = 10 points (2 points per day)
Inappropriate dress and/or non participation = 0 daily points
Negative behavior = subtract points
Positive behavior = add points
Section 5. Consequences
1. Warning (one per day)
2. Removal from class (no points for the day)
3. Additional removals may require behavioral contract.